Okay, so the May Your Way challenge at the Sisterhood is over. I wasn't good at posting every week, but I was trying my best to improve my eating and exercise habits this month and feel very happy with my progress. Here's how I did:
- Get back into the habit of exercising - at least 5 days a week.
Okay, I totally didn't get 5 days per week in, but I finally started exercising again. And I even did a couple walk/jog sessions (I must be losing my mind!) and some time on the elliptical along with my usual walking routine.
- Cut out sugar (or cut WAY back) - only 1 small thing each day &/or a large dessert only once a week. Trust me, this is cutting back.
I am SO, SO happy with how I did on the cutting back on dessert and sugar thing. I am not keeping much in the house, so I can't eat it which is nice.
- NO soda! Period. At all.
Okay, I had like maybe 3 sodas this month, but that was after not having anything for the first 2 1/2 weeks at least which cut my cravings out, so that's good.
- Lose at least 2 pounds this month. Slow & steady wins the race.
My weight is 143.1 for the final weigh-in. That's down 1.3 pounds from the beginning of the month. And quite frankly that's all in the last 2 weeks. I was feeling thinner and healthier. I thought for sure it was all in my head, but I'm glad the scale backed me up on this one.
- Take at least 5 minutes at least 5 days a week to purposefully relax.
Um, I didn't do well on this one. I might have gotten it in 3 days a week, but I sort of forgot about it most of the time.
- Finish the first stages of relandscaping my yard. This can help with being more active as well!
AGH - I wanted to get more done on this goal. I did get a lot of yarwork in, though. If the weather would cooperate and it would finally warm up and STOP RAINING in the northwest part of the country, I might actually accomplish more.
So, how did you do this month?