- gettng my hair done
- taking a nice, long bath
- having help (like the hubby getting groceries without me)
- clear skin
Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
- It takes FOREVER to get from one place in the Seattle area to another. Between the traffic, the ferries, the freeways, the construction, the accidents, the distance. Holy crap!
- No offense to my Washington friends, but some of the worst drivers in the world live in Washington state. They either drive slow or like crazy people. They follow too closely. They stay in the left lane while doing UNDER the speed limit. Agh!
- It's fun to meet bloggy friends in person!
- My cat pukes every time we leave for the weekend. I wish I knew why.
- I am in better shape than I thought. I did 40 minutes on the eliptical this morning without dying.
- My dog is a spaz. He ran and hid in the bathtub at the cabin when my BIL started shooting his gun and wouldn't come out. Then (hours later) he heard the other dogs barking at someting and came shooting out of the cabin to see what was going on - right through the brand new screen door.
- A new screen door costs $50.
- Housing on Bainbridge Island is WAY out of my price range, but it's a nice place to visit.
- I love the smell of pumpkin pie - even in the summer. I got some new body scrub, and it's yummy!
- I'm ready for fall already.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
- Go to Seattle (next weekend).
- Go camping in Stanley (in August).
- Make a diaper bag for my friend Janel.
- Take my dog Bear to the store today for his 2nd birthday!
- Enjoy the produce I got yesterday at the farmer's market.
- Go golfing before the weather gets cold and snowy again.
- See the botanical gardens in Boise.
- Art in the Park in September.
- Finish reading some of the half-read books I've got sitting around.
- Get a massage - soon!
Can you think of anything else I need to do?
Friday, July 17, 2009
- I love sleep more than almost anything.
- I'm a dietitian who hates exercise. I know how important it is for good health and weight control, but that doesn't mean I like doing it or that I find it easy to motivate myself to go there.
- Procrastination is the name of the game. I'm terrible at getting things done on time or getting to places on time. I really need to work on that!
- Today is my daddy's birthday - and I'm a bad daughter and didn't get him anything yet. He never tells me what he wants, and I just got him something for Father's Day. How am I supposed to come up with something else?
- I love old houses with original floors and woodwork. I wish I had one, but it would be a lot of work. We tried to buy one recently, but it didn't work out. We took that as a sign that maybe we shouldn't move.
- I'm really good at starting books, but I'm not so good at finishing them. I probably have at least 7 or 8 books sitting around at the same time that I'm partway through.
- I love animals. If my husband would let me, I'd adopt about a million of them (which would drive me nuts, I'm quite sure, but I just turn to a pile of mush evertime I see a puppy or a dog that needs a good home).
Want to play along?
Time for Fave Fridays, so here are my 5 favorites this week:
- Good friends. I realized this week how wonderful some of my friends are. They are caring and supportive, and I'm so grateful for them.
- Flooring. We picked out new flooring for our living room (cork) and bedroom (hardwood) this week. I am so excited for it to come in and to get it installed. I hate carpet! It's just not compatible with 2 dogs and a cat.
- Orgaization. I've started cleaning out my sewing room this week (again!), and it's so nice to be able to find stuff. It was so scary in there, that I hadn't used that room in months. Now maybe I can finish organizing it today...
- Having enough. We are so blessed to not worry about having enough food or paying our bills, etc. Some people are not so lucky.
- My bed. It's the most comfy place in the universe!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
But I did learn that being poked is really annoying (thanks, Wendy!). Apparently we both have husbands who like to act like they are 4 years old and think it is really amusing to poke you until you scream somthing like, "CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M NOT IN A GOOD MOOD? YOU ARE SUCH A JERK. GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!", or, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO ANNOYING? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACT LIKE A GROWNUP?"
This brings me to my theory on men. If you've heard it before, just bear with me. It goes like this: All men are either 4 or 14. There are no other ages. All men possess the capability of being BOTH 4 and 14 (though never/rarely at the same time). But they vascillate between these two ages from minute to minute or hour to hour, depending on what influences are operating. But this means that you can always could on them being either silly and childish (and highly annoying) or hormonal, cranky, and/or (sorry, mom!) horny.
They do all possess the capability of being their actual genetic age for 5 minutes each day, and if you are lucky, you'll get to be around when that happens. Now, I've told this theory many times, and like all good theories it allows some room for error and changes slightly as factual evidence presents itself that is contrary to such stated theory (which is rare). I never hear any disagreement from women. Men usually agree that it's mostly true, but will never own up to it!
Oh, and on a totally different track, I also learned this week that I have some amazing, supportive friends. Some of these people know who they are and some probably have no idea, but I love you all. Thank you!
I was at work yesterday, ranting and raving about a situation with a co-worker. This is a situation that would have normally caused aggravation, but was more distressing than normal due to to other circumstances from the week (click here to read about my weekend). I must have been flying off the handle and a little irrational, because one friend looked at the other and said, "Do you have any Xanax in your office? I think she needs some Xanax."
It's nice to know that my friends are there for me with offers of drugs whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
I am... doing as little as possible today.
I feel... disappointed.
I see... that it's time to "furminate" the cat again -there's hair all over the couch where I was just petting her. Thankfully, leather cleans easily.
I need... to clean up my sewing room, so I'm actually not scared to go in there.
I love... my family, my hubby, my dogs (and the cat most of the time).
I wish... that I was pregnant.
I think... too much.
I hear... the TV and the hubby playing the banjo.
I crave... balance, and peace.
I fear... not being in control.
I hope... that I can accept whatever comes my way.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
I have been so nervous on the pregnant/not pregnant issue. And I'm emotionally worn out. So, I got my blood test done Friday. It was 31.1 which is a very low negative. I had been waiting anxiously all day to find out. The hubby even took me out shopping and to look at home improvement projects, but I just couldn't relax. Then those results came. Which are basically inconclusive. At 2 weeks after the IUI, the results should have been higher than that. The nurse said it could either mean late implantation or that the pregnancy wasn't healthy.
Well, today I got my answer. It meant that it was fertilized but it didn't take for some reason. I just "started" this morning and have lovely cramps that I don't appreciate (though at this point the Tylenol is kicking in).
I guess my question now is, what next? We had already decided to stop trying for awhile since insurance wasn't going to cover the meds anymore, and it's $2000 or more a month for that. But this gives me just enough hope that I don't want to quit. But at the same time I don't think I can take it anymore right now. The effects of the drugs, the short-term pregnancy hormones, and my anxious/stressed state have all made me craky, irritable, and just plain emotional. And my heart has had enough for awhile as well. And there's this part of me that knows that God can make it work without any meds or doctors involved if He deems that it's time. I just felt like I was SO close this time! AGH!